Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Housen’s Culinary Experience (“Company”, ”we”, “us”, ”our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information please contact us at email@example.com
When you visit our website http://www.chefhousen.com (the “website”), and more generally, use any of our services (the ”services”, which include the website), we appreciate that you are trusting us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy notice, we seek to explain to you in the clearest way possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this privacy notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our services immediately.
This privacy notice applies to all information collected through our services (which as described above, includes our website), as well as, any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Please read this privacy notice carefully as it will help you understand what we do with the information that we collect.
1. What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us, in short: we collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the website, express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when you participate in activities on the website or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the website, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect may include the following:
- Personal information provided bij you. We collect all names, email addresses, billing addresses and other similar information.
- Payment data. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (for example, a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by Stripe. You may find their privacy notice link(s) here: https://stripe.com/privacy
- Social media login data. We may provide you with the option to register with us using your existing social media account details, for instance your Facebook, Instagram or other social media accounts. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the information described in the section called ”How do we handle your social logins” below.
All personal information that you provide must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected. In short: some information, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our website. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (such as your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URL’s, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our website and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our website, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies. The information we collect includes:
- Log and usage data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our website and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity throughout the website (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take, such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called ’crash dumps’) and hardware settings).
- Device data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet or other device you use to access the website. Depending on the device used, this data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system and system configuration information.
- Location data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the website. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt our of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your location setting on your device. Note however, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the services.
Information collected from other sources. In short: we may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources. In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, social media platforms, as well as form other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URL’s and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion. If you interact with us on a social media platform using your social media account (e.g. Facebook or Instagram), we receive personal information about you such as your name, email address and gender. Any personal information that we collect form your social media account depends on your social media account’s privacy settings.
2. How do we use your information?
In short: we process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests: the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive to:
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the website.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in our competitions.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may use your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offers to support users. We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In short: we only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: we may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: we may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a contract: where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal obligations: we may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital interests: we may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Vendors, consultants and other third party service providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the website, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our website over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages or features, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this notice, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
4. Who will your information be shared with?
In short: we only share and disclose your information with the third parties mentioned below. We have categorized each party so that you may easily understand the purpose of our data collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provided in the section below titled: ”How can you contact us about this notice?”
Allow users to connect to their third party accounts:
- Facebook account
- Content optimization
- Google site search
- User account registration and authentication
- Facebook login
- Web and mobile analytics
- Google analytics
- Website hosting
- Newsletter marketing
6. Publishing your review to our website
After we have provided you with one of our services, you will receive an email asking you to leave us some feedback. If you decide to do so, when leaving a review, you will eb asked to write a short test describing your experience, a rate form one to five, in addition to your first and last name, and email address. By ticking the box ”I consent to the terms & conditions”, you give us your consent to publish your text and rate under the pseudonym made of your first name following by the first letter of your last name.
If you have changed your mind and want us to remove your review from the website please send a request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
7. How long do we keep your information?
In short: we keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us keeping your personal information for longer than the period of time in which users have an account with us. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives) then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. How do wee keep your information safe?
In short: we aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, transmission of personal information to and from our website is at your own risk. You should only access the website within a secure environment.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In short: We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the website, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the website. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com
10. What are your privacy rights?
In short: you may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. If you are a resident in de European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.html
If you are a resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html
If you have questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would at any time like to review, change or terminate your account, you can:
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
- Cookies and similar technologies: most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our website. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our website please contact us at email@example.com
- Opting out of email marketing: you can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list; however, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise, opt-out you may contact us using the contact information provided.
11. Controls for do-not-track features
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
12. Do we make updates to this notice?
In short: yes, we will update this notice as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. The updated version will be indicated by an updated ”revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon as it is accessible. If we make material changes to this privacy notice, we may notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to review this privacy notice frequently to be informed of how we are protecting your information.
13. How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have any questions about this notice, please contact us through the following form:
Or send us mail by post to:
Housen’s Culinary Experience
Oost Santa Rosa 105
14. How can you review, update, or delete the data we collect from you?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update, or delete your personal data please fill in the contact form above. We will respond to your request within 30 days.